Earrings from Quonset Hut
Depression is a normal human emotion, something we all feel to different degrees at certain points during our lives. What I'm tryin' to say is: blogging could make ya happy! So I thought I'd jot down 10 reasons why blogging might help someone out of a slump. Or, reasons why you should start a blog if you're considering it. Das right, blog therapy.
1. Getting out/taking action. In order to photgraph and tell stories about adventures, you must go out & experience them aka have fun!
2. Goal setting. A blog is a bit of work, won't lie to ya. It involves organizing, planning & setting deadlines, and there are lots of little tasks that are the keys to its success. But getting things done feels pretty good, right? It's really not very stressful - it is a hobby after all! - but you know what they say: what you put in, you get out.
3. Following a routine. Once you've figured out what kind of subjects/posts you're going to stick with, experiment with a posting schedule. This gives readers faith that you'll keep posting and won't disappoint them when they visit. Routines just help ya stay sane!
4. Development and discovery of new interests. Keeping a blog puts everything out in front of you and requires a little reflection. Watch yourself grow or change.
5. Connection to others. Blogging is a pretty low pressure way to socialize and I mean hey, it's fun to chat & collaborate with other bloggy folk! Great way to meet people.
6. Potential for profit. Getting paid to do something you really like doing? That should make anyone happy!
7. Self expression. Blog about the things YOU are interested in, it's your little space to speak your mind & do what you wish.
8. Documentation. It's pretty much a journal or scrap book of your life and all that you love. You'll probably find joy in and maybe even thank yourself for keeping a record down the road!
9. On photographing yourself... A reason to get dressed in the morning! Helps with body image issues - and we all got 'em.
10. Inspire others. Maybe your blog will make someone else happy and inspire them to do something they enjoy. Win/win!